History

Contact

1938

Founding of the company Dr. GRAW Messgeräte in Berlin / Germany by the physicist Dr. Josef Graw

1942

Grawsche MorsewalzeDr. Graw developed and patented the heart of the former mechanical radiosondes, the Graw morse encoding cylinder


By this invention, the measurement-precision was greatly improved

1948

Relocation of the company to Nürnberg / Germany

1948

Radiosonde M60Development of the Radiosondes H50 and M60 for German Weather Service

M60 pushed GRAW-sondes to an international leading position in terms of accuracy and robustness

1976

Mr. Horst Schmidmer took over all shares of Dr. Graw

1976

License production of Radiosonde RSG for German Weather Service and E076 for German Army

1977

Introduction of the Radiosondes E084 and E085 for German ArmyRadiosonde E084Radiosonde E085

1978

Start of completely computer-controlled production and calibration

1986

Introduction of the mini Radiosonde System TDFS / KS-87 for environmental monitoring in lower heightsGroundstation KS-87Radiosonde DTFS-87

1990

Start of Surface Mounted Technologie (SMT) to increase productivity

1990

Introduction of the first purely digital Radiosonde DFM-90 and Groundstation GK-90 (freely programmable frequency, calibration data stored on EEPROM, etc.)Groundstation GK-90Radiosonde DFM-90

1995

Introduction of the first „real“ C/A-code differential GPS Radiosonde DFM-90 / DGPS

1995

Introduction of the compact Groundstation GK-90C with GPS moduleGroundstation GK-90C

1998

Introduction of the optimized DFM-97 Radiosonde (highest accuracy, integrated differential GPS)Radiosonde DFM-97

2003

Renaming to GRAW Radiosondes GmbH & Co. KG

2006

Introduction of the DFM-06 radiosonde (light weight and small size)

2008

  Introduction of groundstation GS-E

2010

Market launch of the DFM-09 radiosonde